Helpful Hints For Preventing and Dealing With Fire Damage
Professionals Have a Plan To Deal With Damage In Your Home or Business
Restoration of fire damage to your home is a process which is detailed and involves several components. SERVPRO’s professional team is trained to deal with fire damage restoration, and to handle each situation individually with care from start to finish. No matter how extensive your damage is, everything from smoke odor control to structural repair can be taken care of by our restoration team. We can also take care of cleaning up upholstery and carpeting that is salvageable.
A structure fire, according to numbers from the National Fire Protection Association, is reported every sixty-five seconds. Fire departments and emergency responders will answer the call for help when the alarm sounds with decisive, quick action. When the smoke clears, you can count on SERVPRO to help you with the same rapid response, any day or time of the year.
The first twenty-four to forty-eight hours after fire damage are referred to as the golden hours of recovery. An emergency response team that is effective will get the structure stabilized quickly so that as much recovery of the property as possible can be done. The smoke damage and acidic smoke that is many times made when fires are put out will accelerate the corrosion and deterioration of the components of your structure and vital assets. To make matters worse, fires are most frequently put out with water or dry chemicals. Also, the toxic smoke odor that is left behind has to be neutralized and deodorized.
Smoke and fire can be quite disruptive and traumatic to your normal way of life in your home. So you can get back to normal as soon as possible, we will provide the following Chicago fire damage restoration services:
- Pack-out of contents, plus inventory and temporary storage
- Cleaning of fixtures, furniture, and other personal property
- Electronic equipment refurbishment
- Fencing to make the site secure
- Exterior and interior cleaning
- Control of odors
- Repair of the structure
Tips for Fire Prevention:
- Ensure that each time you use your in-home fireplace that you use a fire screen and keep all objects such as plants, rugs, and furniture three feet or more away from your fireplace.
- Never fail to put the fire out before going to bed.
- Do not ever cover space heaters and make sure to turn them off overnight.
- Make sure that carbon monoxide detectors and smoke alarms are properly working and have fresh batteries installed.
- Don’t use your stove to keep warm and realize that gas stoves, if on for too long, can give off big amounts of carbon monoxide that can be dangerous.
When your home has gone through fire damage in Chicago, make sure that once it is out and everyone is safe, to contact us at SERVPRO of Evergreen Park/South Chicago City by calling any time at (773) 337-3900. We will come out to your property quickly to assess the damages and go over with you a plan for remediation.