We Put The Flames Of Worry Out In Chicago After A Fire
Fire and Smoke Cleanup at a Condo in Chicago
No matter how a fire starts, it can be stressful for any homeowner to endure, especially in a condominium. Your real estate being attached to your neighbors' properties places additional pressure on you to mitigate damage quickly and restore your home when a disaster occurs. Without fast action, not only can soot corrode surfaces in your home, but you can miss out on the compensation you need from your insurer to repair damages.
If you need fire and smoke damage cleanup for a condo in Chicago, the team at SERVPRO is always ready to assist you. These highly-trained technicians receive a comprehensive education on fire damage cleanup and restoration so that your condo can be returned to a preloss condition. SERVPRO can also assist you in the claims filing process by coordinating with both you and your insurance adjuster, taking detailed inventories, and emphasizing restoration over disposal when it is safe and feasible to do so.
Common Pitfalls When Filling Out a Proof of Loss
- Not knowing your policy. Make a note of the "Duties After a Loss" section, in particular, to understand what your insurer expects of you.
- Missing deadlines. In many cases, you need to file your claim within a specific time frame to get compensated without delays or denied outright.
- Not notarizing signatures. This step is crucial to making your Proof of Loss form into a sworn legal statement from you about the condition of your home.
- Not requesting extensions. If you need it, you can generally ask for an extension for filing your Proof of Loss.
- Missing much-needed proof. Include everything possible to prove your claim, including photos, receipts, inventories, and estimates.
SERVPRO's Air Purification Equipment
Preserving indoor air quality is crucial, especially when your HVAC system has fire damage residue inside of it.
Technicians can protect IAQ with HEPA-filter air scrubbers that pull in particles as small as 0.3 microns, specially-designed agitation and cleanup tools for your vents, and OSHA-approved antimicrobials that are designed to eliminate soot deposits and restore surfaces to a clean and safe condition.
SERVPRO of Evergreen Park / South Chicago City offers 24/7 service that is Faster to Any Size Disaster. When you need mitigation services quickly, you can call (773) 337-3900.
See more about Chicago.