Do I Need To Empty My Chicago Business Premises After Fire Damage?
SERVPRO Helps Chicago Business Owners Empty Their Premises After Fire Damage
Chicago business owners know how inconvenient a fire can be. It can be challenging to get a business back up and running after ablaze. Naturally, you want as little disruption to your operations as possible.
One of the biggest questions facing Chicago business owners after fire damage is whether they need to remove items from their business premises. It can be challenging to know whether furniture and equipment should be tossed, moved out, or left in place when surveying the aftermath of a fire.
Thankfully we are here to offer help and advice.
Will SERVPRO empty my premises?
Our teams will assess the situation on-site and advise you on whether or not to empty your premises. The process of clearing your premises is known as a pack out. Depending on the situation, you may have several options:
• Only move items that are directly in the way of cleanup operations, perhaps to an undamaged room
• Leave furniture and equipment in place if it is not damaged and not in further danger from cleanup operations
• Arrange to have office supplies and furnishings moved out to a safe location until the fire damage restoration process is complete
How can SERVPRO help with a pack out?
There are several ways we can help you with a pack out:
• We will advise you whether our staff are the best choice or whether it would be better to co-ordinate with an independent moving company
• We can liaise with your insurance adjuster
• We can often clean items ahead of packing them up which means they are returned to you “Like it never even happened.”
• We have checklists and procedures on hand to make sure all items are logged and stored and returned safely
We recommend all businesses take part in our Emergency Ready Plan. You can use your ERP profile to provide vital information for staff, our teams, and anyone else involved in the event of a disaster. Because you prepare your ERP before disaster strikes, you do not have to worry about tracking down insurance details or the chain of command when trouble hits.
If you are concerned about fire damage to your business, call SERVPRO of Evergreen Park / South Chicago City at (773) 337-3900.