Remediation Guidelines for Mold Damage
Professionals Have the Training and Certifications To Handle Mold Before it Spreads
In Chicago, mold damage can occur in your structure for a variety of reasons. However, no matter the reason, mold needs to be handled appropriately and quickly to prevent it from spreading to other areas in your home. It can pose serious health risks for you and your family and should not be handled by someone who is inexperienced. Therefore, if you suspect you have a mold damage problem, speak with us at SERVPRO, as we have technicians who are professionally trained and knowledgeable about how to deal with mold problems. Plus, we have the proper safety gear and equipment to help us remediate the mold without risking our health.
There are five major principles of mold remediation as outlined by the IICRC:
1. Ensure that health and safety precautions are being taken by the professionals who are cleaning up the mold and by the occupants. Buildings that are contaminated by mold can be associated with various health problems. Anyone involved in the remediation of the mold has to be protected from exposure through various controls and practices.
2. An assessment post-cleanup done by an independent environmental expert. A Chicago mold remediation that is effective can’t be made without first knowing the extent of the contamination which needs to be removed. To make sure the remediation is performed correctly, it is recommended highly that accurate documentation of the remediation be kept by a project manager.
3. Control of the mold before it spreads. It is essential to get rid of the mold at the source of contamination. After the spores have spread throughout the air, it will be a lot hard to capture them.
4. Oversee that the removal of mold is done correctly. It has to be removed physically from your structure. Trying to remove signs of mold on the surface or isolate it are not enough. Bleach alone will also not kill mold.
5. Make sure the moisture is controlled so that future contamination or recontamination is limited. Mold growth is inevitable if there is no control of moisture. Moisture problems have to be identified, found and fixed or controlled as soon as you can.
Mold damage in Chicago can be taken care of quickly and adequately when you choose to use our trained technicians at SERVPRO. We will first find the source of the moisture so that we can correct that problem and then move on to proper remediation. Moisture is not the type of problem to handle on your own, as you could miss hidden pockets of moisture in your structure, plus not have the correct solutions and methods to get rid of the existing mold.
When a mold problem arises in your property, calling SERVPRO of Evergreen Park/South Chicago City at (773) 337-3900 is your safest and surest way to take care of your mold issues. Let us handle it for you so the health of everyone involved can be protected.